Some women with envious frames seem to be doing nothing extraordinary to look lean and slim. They are not gym rats, aren’t counting every single calorie, neither do they stay off food the whole day (in fact, they seem to love food)! So, what are they doing different to maintain their weight and what is the routine that they follow? The fact is that they place a great deal of importance on eating right and not less, and make changes to their lifestyle and adhere to them strictly. These tricks and tips are easy to follow and you can easily imbibe them. Make these a part of your daily routine and you won’t worry about gaining weight ever again, and losing weight would be a breeze too.
1. They Eat Right, Not Less: Yes, these people are eating right, not less. In fact, to lose weight, it’s important to be on a diet plan that encourages you to eat healthy and enough calories, and a diet that can be sustained, and crash dieting cannot be sustained. The Rati Beauty diet on the Rati Beauty app encourages you to eat healthy meals, not based on food deprivation, and takes care of all your nutrient requirements, along with keeping you in calorie deficit so that you can drop extra pounds and burn fat consistently. You can check more details on the Rati Beauty app.
2. Drink Loads of Water: Drinking lots of water not only can help us get clear skin, if we religiously follow the “drink at least 8 glasses of water per day” formula, it can boost weight loss a great deal by suppressing appetite, flushing out toxins, and speeding up the fat-burning process. Read more about how water can boost weight loss.
3. They Eat Slowly and Take Pauses in Between: Women who manage to stay lean, eat mindfully and slowly. Instead of hogging a lot of food within minutes, they take their own time to eat, chewing each morsel properly – which are all part of eating mindfully. You might have heard a lot about portion control and calorie deficit with regards to weight loss, but without mindful eating, those practices would be ineffective. In this post, read about 9 Mindful Eating Hacks to Eat Right and Lose Weight.
4. Eat just until you are full: This tip can change the way you eat forever. This one simple rule can boost your weight loss and improve overall health as well –”Hara Hachi Bu” is an eating technique that originated from Okinawa region of Japan where people live a long life. “Hara Hachi Bu,” translates to “eat until you are 80% full.” This practice promotes putting a stop to eating once a person reaches 80% satiety. Here’s a detailed post on how to practice to eat until you are 80% full.
5. Eat from Smaller Dinner Plates and Practice Portion Control: From cakes to pies, they eat everything, but they do practice moderation. They prefer eating small portions as for them the quality matters over quantity. They also use smaller plates instead of big dinner plates. When you use small plates, you take smaller mount of everything and thus stay away from eating more than you need.
6. They Eat Fresh Fruits and Vegetables: They also eat loads of fresh fruits instead of desserts. When you eat nutrient-rich fruits and vegetables, your body uses up all nutrients and you do not have to eat anything extra to fulfil body’s requirements.
7. They Do Not Snack Frequently: This is one of the major reasons why people struggle to lose weight. Stick to meal and snack routines and avoid reaching out for snacks just because you are bored or want to calm down the nerves. Avoid frequent snacking and it would become a lot easier to reach your goal weight.
8. They Reserve Desserts for Special Days: You can of course give into cravings for something sweet, but do reserve them for special days or save these little treats as cheat meals. You can also enjoy them while going out with their partners on special occasions.
9. They Find Ways to De-Stress: Studies have found a direct link between stress and weight gain, hence stress can become a bane in multiple ways – it can not only prevent weight loss, it can add extra pounds too. You can have literally nothing on your plate but if stress is on your mind, shedding extra fat layers can become quite difficult. Apart from lowering metabolism, the stress hormone “cortisol” increases appetite, cravings, and also directs the body to store fat around the belly region. The ability to burn fat also flattens out with increase in anxiety and stress. Read about 7 Ways To Beat Stress Related Weight Gain.
10. They are on their Feet For Most Part of the Day: Being on your feet throughout the day helps in burning calories and keeps metabolism robust. One hour of gymming is never enough to lose weight, keep moving throughout the day and practice NEAT activities. NEAT stands for non-exercise activity thermogenesis and is the energy we use for everything we do in our day-to-day life except for when we are sleeping or exercising. Using the stairs instead of the lift, squatting on the floor to lift something up, walking while talking on the phone, every activity we do while being on our feet, comes under NEAT. All these activities help to burn some amount of calories and these bits of calories spent here and there, add up to a considerable amount when you are trying to lose weight. Read more about how you can include NEAT activities in your daily life here.
These tips are easy to follow and you won’t have to overhaul your diet a lot. Following these tips will help you to adopt with a better lifestyle and maintain a slim figure in the most effortless manner.