Have you ever wondered how air hostesses/flight attendants manage to look picture perfect, flawless, prim and proper (like every single one of them!)? Looking well groomed is a part of their job and that’s why they do take extra care to maintain their skin, hair, and health. In this post, we will be sharing some beauty secrets that most air hostesses follow to look glamorous all the time, and believe us, they are easy to follow!
1. They Keep Sipping on Water: Every passenger on the plane is breathing in oxygen and releasing carbon dioxide. To bring in more oxygen, fresh air is pumped into the cabin, but that’s not enough. The air at such high altitudes has very little moisture, making the cabin air dry, and sucking out the moisture from your skin, making it dry. So, keep drinking water to avoid dehydration of skin.
2. Carry Travel-Sized Skincare Items in your Handbag: Since we have already mentioned about how the skin can go extremely dry in the flight, it would be a good idea to carry a travel-sized bottle of your moisturizer to add moisture back to your skin. Remember when the skin goes dry, it will make you look tired and dull. Also, remember to carry a compact powder in your handbag to powder your nose while on the flight.
3. Carry Facial Mists: A fresh spritz of rose water or any other facial spray instantly refresh your skin. The dryness would get reduced and you feel toned and cleansed at one go. A must-have in your bag, what say? Also Read: DIY Chamomile and Aloe Vera Facial Mist.
4. Don’t Forget the Hand Cream: We already talked about moisturizing the face, but hands also need hydration. Carry a travel-sized tube of hand cream or body butter and apply it to avoid dry patches on hands.
5. Sunscreen is for Everyone: While flying at high altitudes, you are very close to the harmful sun rays, especially if you’re at the window seat. You should consider sunscreen a requirement for flying. Apply a good sunblock before boarding, and again after 3-4 hours.
6. Lip Balm is a Must-Have Item: Lips show signs of dryness, especially if you are wearing a matte lipstick. The best way is to use a lip balm with SPF, top it with lipstick before boarding. Once in a long distance flight, apply lip balms at regular intervals. Before landing, touch up your lipstick and you are good to go.
7. Quick Fix with Sheet masks: Sheet masks should be in every woman’s hand luggage. For long-haul flights, it’s a great option to add loads of moisture back into the skin and to moisturize skin. Your skin will absorb all the serum from the sheet mask and you will see radiant supple skin greeting you.
8. Avoid Aerated Beverages or Soft Drinks: Aerated beverages can leave you dehydrated and flush the body with loads of empty calories. Stick to plain water or sparkling water instead.
9. Eat Light on the Flight: It’s natural to feel hungry and famished on a long flight, but then, heavy meals can make you sluggish and bloated. Instead, opt for fresh-cut fruits or a plate of salad instead, and you would feel light and energetic all through the journey. Also keep away from sugary delights and salty stuff.
10. Invest in Good Quality Makeup: Look for oil-free and water based makeup because they are less likely to clog pores or cause breakouts. Do not compromise when it comes to skincare or makeup.
11. Avoid Hair Spray: Do you know flight attendants rarely apply hair spray, they instead use oil or hair serum to keep neatly in place. In fact, some also apply lip gloss to calm the frizzy little ones.
12. Most Important Tip: They never forget to take off their makeup, every little bit at the end of the day, even they are extremely tired. It’s a thumb rule for everyone, make sure you take off every bit of makeup before hitting the bed if you do not want to wake up with congested skin and breakouts.