Split hair ends can be undoubtedly treated at home; although it might take time, the results are pretty satisfactory. I do not mean that you should forget your other hair care routines whilst following these home remedies for split ends. Bear in mind, that all these remedies must be accompanied with proper hair care for appropriate results. 🙂 So, check out 14 Best Home Remedies for Split Ends.
1. Papaya Pack: Papaya can actually get your hair alive. All you need to do is, take half ripe papaya (the size of the papaya varies when I say half and of course the length of your hair too), skin and deseed it. Blend it into a pulp and add half a cup of yogurt to it. Mix the both, and apply a creamy layer onto your hair. Make sure you part your hair well, for applying the pack. Leave it on for like half an hour and take a normal head wash.
2. Castor Oil: Mix castor oil, olive oil and mustard oil in equal proportions. Massage this amalgamation of oils into your hair. Wrap your hair with a towel and leave for around 30 minutes. Have a normal hair wash.
3. Milk and Cream: This is a tried and tested grandma’s tip for split ends. All you need to do is take half a cup of milk, and mix in one spoon of cream. Blend and beat thoroughly, now apply this onto the scalp and hair tips. Let it be on for around 15 minutes and wash off normally.
4. Honey: Honey basically nourishes the split ends. Take half cup of curd and mix it with a tablespoon of honey. Beat it well, and apply to the strands and tips of the hair. Leave it on for around 20 minutes, wash off as usual.
5. Beer: Beer! Beer is just not meant for your parties and celebrations, but it can give you wonderful hair too. Its one of the most effective conditioners, all you need to do is take some beer in your palms and massage it into the hair. Ensure that the beer has soaked into your hair follicle. Now wash off, be careful while washing of, you may just have a lingering smell of beer in your hair.
6. Dal or black lentil pack: You need half cup of black dal (lentil) for this, mix it with a spoon full of fenugreek seeds, grind the both into a powder. Now add around half cup of curd into it and mix them all well. Apply it on your hair and leave for around two hours. Wash it off with a mild shampoo for best results.hair split ends
7. Egg: Take one egg yolk and beat it with a tablespoon of almond oil and apply on your hair and massage into scalp. Keep it on for an hour and wash away regularly. Beat an egg yolk with a spoon of water and apply the mixture on damp hair. Massage it in your hair and wash off regularly. You can also beat 2 eggs with one banana and orange juice into a paste. With the help of the comb apply this mixture at the hair ends, wrap your hair with a shower cap or a towel and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash off regularly, you can do this like twice a week if you have real bad split ends. 🙂
8. Olive Oil: Our beloved olive oil never fails us, never ever. 🙂 For treating split ends, warm olive oil must be massaged into the hair. This acts as a deep conditioner. All you need to do is, heat olive oil in your oven, and then apply it, pull up your shower cap and loaf around the house for around 30 minutes. 😛 Wash your hair as you do regularly.
9. Jojoba Oil: Mix few drops of jojoba oil with your regular shampoo and conditioner for extra moisturizing and softness. You can even massage with it after or before shower.
10. Avocado: Avocado moisturizes the hair. Take an avocado and mash it up. Dampen your hair now, and apply the mashed avocado on the hair, concentrate on the split ends. You can also add a spoon of olive oil in it for a more moisturizing effect. Leave it on for 15 to 30 minutes and wash off. Mash banana and avocado together with a spoon of olive oil and apply the paste on your hair. This serves as an awesome conditioner. 🙂
11. Mayonnaise: Yumm! Mayonnaise is an alternative to avocado, if you cannot find an avocado, simply apply mayonnaise on your hair, and concentrate on the split ends again. This can be done twice a week.
12. Vitamin E capsules: Break open a vitamin E capsule and squeeze out the oil. Mix it with warm water and massage into your hair. Leave it on for around 20 minutes.
13. Oils: Massage regularly with coconut oil, walnut oil or almond oil after shampoo, you can also leave on these oils overnight. If you want extra conditioning for the hair, use a shower cap. A mixture of olive oil, almond oil and mustard oil is great for moisturizing hair. Mixing coconut oil and almond oil together also soothe the hair and cure split ends.
14. Honey: Honey supposedly has moisturizing properties. Take around 4 spoons of honey (this depends on the volume of your hair) and apply it on your split ends. Leave it on for around 20 minutes and wash off regularly. You can also amalgamate honey with your regular conditioners for a soothing effect. Mixing equal parts of olive oil and honey also serves as a great natural conditioner.
Hope these home remedies for split ends work for you.