Do you get the buzz around argan oil? If your answer is nope, then this post is going to unravel the truth about argan oil. This oil is being hailed as “liquid gold” and the one answer to all beauty problems. Argan oil is extracted from the nuts of the argan tree fruit, which grows extensively in Morocco. Argan oil is being used in a wide range of cosmetic products because of the multiple benefits it provides to hair, skin, and body. Its being touted also as a wonder oil because it is rich in vitamin E, essential fatty acids, and antioxidants. Because of the high amount of essential fatty acids, it is highly resistant to oxidation. Argan oil takes care of a variety of skin and hair related problems from curing psoriasis and eczema to taming down frizzy hair. Because of its restorative benefits, it is replacing jojoba oil, olive oil, etc., in beauty treatments. Its also one of the most expensive oils in the world and costs a lot when its bought in its pure form. So, let’s see how you can use this wonderful oil to make skin and hair more beautiful.
Why Argan Oil is So Good for Skin and Hair?
Argan oil protects and nourishes skin, body, and hair. Since it has such a high level of antioxidant content, it reverses damage to skin and hair. Not only does it protect hair and skin from damage, it reverses damaged hair and skin. Argan oil also has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, so promotes scar tissue healing. Like other beauty oils, it aids in moisture retention and is extremely moisturizing on skin and hair. Argan oil makes skin youthful, maintains elasticity of skin, firms up skin, adds a radiant glow. Also, because of the antioxidants, it prevents free radical damage to skin and is therefore a good anti-ageing formula. This oil can be used for the entire body, hair, skin, as well as can be consumed internally (don’t drink it up :P). It provides a healthy sheen to skin and hair. Also, when massaged into the scalp regularly, it aids in quick hair growth. Argan oil moisturizes hair, takes care of split ends, protects hair from sun, adds volume to hair, so you can use it as a serum.
7 Ways To Use Argan Oil in your Beauty Routine:
1. Mix in a few drops of argan oil with your regular body lotion and smooth over entire body to get its anti-oxidant and nourishing benefits. Priyanka Chopra regularly mixes argan oil in her body lotion for soft and smooth skin.
2. Add in a few drops of argan oil to your homemade face packs for an added vitamin E dose.
3. Mix in a few drops of argan oil to your exfoliating scrubs.
4. Use it as a leave-in conditioner so that it protects your hair from sun damage, adds moisture to your hair, repairs split ends, and as well as aid in hair growth.
5. Use it on scars to heal them.
6. Use it on minor burns to soothe them.
7. If you have cracked heels, apply it on your feet, keep it overnight and wake up to smooth legs.