Frequent hunger pangs and overeating are common hurdles that most people encounter when they are dieting in order to lose weight, and tend to blame a ravenous appetite for driving them towards food. If unnecessary cravings are acting as roadblocks in the journey towards a leaner you, instead of opting for supplements that are termed as “appetite suppressants,” check out these liquids that have been found to naturally keep appetite under check and help with boosting weight loss. But before we begin, we would like to emphasize being on the right kind of diet (check out the weight loss diets on the Rati Beauty app), being active, getting enough sleep, and reducing stress are true ways to get rid of extra pounds – rest of them can just facilitate the process. So, here’s a list of 9 Liquids That Suppress Appetite and Help with Weight Loss.
9 Liquids That Suppress Appetite and Help with Weight Loss:
1. Celery Juice: Scores of people vouch for the efficacy of celery juice in weight loss. Celery juice is credited with detoxifying properties, helps to reduce inflammation, and curbs appetite as well. Here’s how you can make a detox drink with celery to boost weight loss.
2. Aloe Vera Juice: Along with boosting metabolism, aloe vera helps works wonders for hair, skin, and overall health. With its nutrient-rich properties, aloe vera is known to help with the fat-burning process.
3. Plain Water: Drinking water is of supreme importance to keep yourself healthy, prevent dehydration, and imperative to lose weight, along with running your physiological system smoothly. If a person is consuming less than 8 glasses of water per day, he/she may always feel hungry because our body cannot clearly distinguish between hunger and thirst signals, and most often instead of sipping a glass of water, we tend to rip open a bag of potato chips (adding a lot of empty calories). Water also helps to curb appetite and is a zero-calorie drink that boosts metabolism, along with flushing out toxins, also helps to absorb nutrients.
4. Green Tea: The catechins in green tea help boost metabolism, aids the movement of glucose into fat cells, which slows up blood sugar. Green tea has an enzyme EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) that increases the cholecystokinin, which is responsible for creating the feeling of fullness, hence plays important role in suppressing appetite.
5. Coconut Water: Move over energy drinks, coconut water is here – it’s a low-calorie, nutrient and electrolyte rich water that keeps you fuller for longer.
6. Coffee: The caffeine content in coffee increases metabolic rate and helps your body burn more calories. It also acts as an appetite suppressant which means you would feel less hunger pangs through the day.
7. Pu-Erh Tea: This popular tea from China is known to support weight loss by boosting metabolism along with properties that suppress appetite.
8. ACV: Apple Cider Vinegar is obtained through the fermentation of apples, and it’s a popular drink that makes one feel fuller by regulating blood sugar level. ACV has about 5 to 6% of acetic acid, which is known to reduce body fat by improving metabolism and burning fat. It is also known as a good appetite suppressant, and as a result, you consume lesser calories.
9. Peppermint Tea: There is a strong theory that just sniffing peppermint can suppress appetite and if you can sip on a cup of fresh peppermint tea, it does a good deal of help to keep those unnecessary cravings away.