Soleil Tan Bronze
Chanel Soleil Tan Bronze Healthy Glow Bronzing Cream ($50.00 for 1.06 oz.) is a light, golden brown with warmer undertones and a natural finish–not quite dewy but not quite matte either. The texture was emollient, smooth, and had a gel-like glide that worked well over bare skin and on top of foundation. The formula wasn’t prone to lifting up base products, even when they were more matte.
It appeared to have more semi-opaque coverage when initially applied, but the formula was emollient to the point where it sheered out significantly as soon as one tried to diffuse and blend it out. I was able to build up the color slightly but could never achieve “one swipe” level of coverage if I wanted a blended edge. It wore well for eight hours before fading noticeably.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Givenchy Ambre Saison (P, $52.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Salt New York Light (P, $16.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Macchiato (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, darker, less glossy (90% similar).
- Kaja Shady (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Kaja More Macchiato (PiP, ) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Chanel Original (P, $50.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Bronzed (P, $28.00) is darker, cooler, less glossy (85% similar).
- Viseart Enamored (Bronzer) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Butta Biscuit (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Salt New York Light/Medium (P, $16.00) is darker, more muted (85% similar).
$50.00/1.06 oz. – $47.17 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a “smoothing effect” with “natural-looking radiance” and a “velvet-matte finish” that delivers a “sun-kissed glow.” When simply swatched, it had more semi-opaque to opaque coverage, but in practice, it was more semi-sheer to medium as the texture was more prone to sheering out and, in a way, disappearing. This made it more forgiving and hard to over-do, but it did result in the very limited shade range being less versatile.
The texture was smooth, gel-like–emollient, thin, and spreadable without being clingy or patchy–and blendable with fingertips or a brush. It worked well over bare skin or patted on top of foundation as it did not create patchiness or lift up base products. The formula lasted eight hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our Chanel Healthy Glow Bronzing Cream swatches.
DIMETHICONE | HYDROGENATED COCONUT OIL | SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE | SILICA | POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE | PARAFFIN | PHENYL TRIMETHICONE | METHYLPROPANEDIOL | SYNTHETIC WAX | KALANCHOE PINNATA LEAF EXTRACT | HYDROGENATED MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX | CAPRYLYL GLYCOL | PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) | PHENYLPROPANOL | LECITHIN | TOCOPHEROL | ASCORBYL PALMITATE | GLYCERYL STEARATE | MALTODEXTRIN | GLYCERYL OLEATE | CITRIC ACID | BHT | [+ / – (MAY CONTAIN) | CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) | CI 77491, | CI 77492, | CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) | CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) | MICA] | IL45B-I
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.