ILIA Songbird NightLite Bronzing Powder ($34.00 for 0.42 oz.) is a medium-dark, reddish-brown with subtle, warm undertones and a matte finish. It had semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation, though it had plenty of pigmentation and wouldn’t be something I’d consider to be that buildable — you definitely have to consciously use a light hand to do so.
It had a soft, lightly powdery texture that was finely-milled and blendable on bare skin. This shade applied evenly to my cheeks and diffused well along the edges. It lasted nicely for eight and a half hours before fading visibly.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Kosas Deep (P, $34.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Bits and Pieces (P, $8.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Rodeo Drive (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Deep (4) (P, $55.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Dior Deep Bronze (08) (P, $48.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Jouer Sunglow (PiP, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- Gucci Beauty Dark (05) (P, $62.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Physicians Formula Endless Summer (P, $14.99) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Capri (Right) (P, $58.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- NARS Casino (LE, $40.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
$34.00/0.42 oz. – $80.95 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be “super creamy” with a “luminous finish” with intensity that you can “dial up” for more color. I wouldn’t describe the formula as buildable; it was quite pigmented where a little went a long way, so you would want to use a lighter hand, especially if you wanted more buildable coverage out of this formula.
The texture was soft, smooth, and fairly blendable without being too powdery nor too firmly pressed into the pan. It wasn’t as blendable over bare skin as I would have liked, but I didn’t have any issues blending it out over matte or set foundation. It is not completely unexpected that a more-matte finish didn’t blend as readily over bare skin, but it was an area it could have performed better in. The formula lasted eight to nine hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our ILIA NightLite Bronzing Powder swatches.
Mica, Zinc Stearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Ethyl Macadamiate, Tocopherol, Malic Acid. May Contain/Peut Contenir (±): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you’ll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!