Makeup by Mario Desert Rose Soft Pop Powder BlushMakeup by Mario Desert Rose Soft Pop Powder Blush ($24.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a muted, medium pink with subtle, warm undertones and a matte finish. It had medium pigmentation that was buildable (as marketed) to mostly opaque coverage with a second layer.
The texture was soft, silky, and smooth without being too powdery nor too firmly-pressed into the pan. The product applied well to bare skin as well as over foundation, which was a surprise, as I find the thinner, silkier and matte texture often darkens or turns patchy on bare skin. There were signs of fading visible after eight hours of wear.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Rare Beauty Nearly Neutral (P, $21.00) is darker, glossier (95% similar).
- OFRA Sweet Stuff (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Persona Carmel (P, $22.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Tarte Endless (LE, $29.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Patrick Ta She’s Passionate (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Smith and Cult Warm Pink (P, $24.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Cat’s Eye (LE, $12.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop On the Horizon (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- KIKO 108 Orange Coral (DC, $12.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Petal Poppin’ (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, cooler, glossier (85% similar).
$24.00/0.16 oz. – $150.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have “buildable,” healthy-looking flush of color” that “blends effortlessly” thanks to the “silky” texture. They came in more of a soft, satin-to-pearl finish as well as a matte finish. The pigmentation ranged from medium to mostly opaque, and they were buildable to more opaque coverage from wherever they started with. They stayed on well for eight hours on average.
The texture was soft, smooth, and finely-milled without being overly powdery, and while it was a thinner powder overall, it didn’t prove to be an issue during application. The blushes applied evenly to bare skin as well as over foundation without lifting up base products, and I didn’t have issues with the very matte finish darkening much or becoming patchy over a more emollient base (often the biggest issue with matte finish blushes!).
Browse all of our Makeup by Mario Soft Pop Powder Blush swatches.
Talc, Silica, Alumina, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Red 6, Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you’ll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!