Makeup by Mario Medium Soft Sculpt BronzerMakeup by Mario Medium Soft Sculpt Bronzer ($28.00 for 0.42 oz.) is a medium brown with moderate, warm undertones and a matte finish. The texture was soft, finely-milled, and lightly powdery in the pan, though not too messy. It had medium pigmentation in a single layer, which could be built up to full coverage with two to three layers.
The product applied evenly to bare skin and blended out with little effort, and while the finish was quite matte, it didn’t emphasize dryness/skin texture. It wore well for eight hours before fading noticeably on me.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Essence Bespoke (P, $2.99) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Gold Dust (P, $70.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Bronze (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Dune (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Gucci Beauty Medium (03) (P, $62.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Gold Dust (P, $110.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Jet Set (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Buxom Backyard Bronze (P, $28.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Clinique Sunkissed Pop (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Hourglass Natural Bronze Light (LE, $52.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
$28.00/0.42 oz. – $66.67 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a “soft, smooth” consistency that delivers “buildable” coverage. It has a very smooth, finely-milled feel with light powderiness in the pan, but it wasn’t enough to be messy or difficult to pick up evenly. The finish was very matte to the point where it was a little flat against the skin and tended to absorb any luminosity from bare skin or base products.
This type of texture has not worked well for me in the past, but I didn’t have issues with this one, thankfully! The powder applied evenly to bare skin, blended out well, and didn’t emphasize my skin’s natural texture. They had medium to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff that lasted around eight to nine hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our Makeup by Mario Soft Sculpt Bronzer swatches.
Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Laureth-23, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Phenoxyethanol, Laureth-4, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract [Vitis Vinifera Extract], May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.